Monday, February 19, 2007

The airport

I just have been cleaning up the pics on my computer, and found a few pictures of Schiphol, our International Airport I wanted to share with you. Why share pictures of an airport? What is so interesting about an airport? Well, I must admit, for most of you there are more interesting subjects, but for me, the airport is some sort of magnet. I spend some time next to the landing strip, or just love to walk around in the airport itself. For me, it represents a portal to far away places, unexplored countries, fascinating new cultures, delicious new food.

Anyway, here are some pictures taken on or around the airport. I hope you enjoy them.


Martinair Cargo taxi-ing to the runway


Another plane taking off


Can you imagine? Getting married AT the airport and go on honeymoon right away!



Nowadays you can fly "cheap" all over Europe. Only 20 euro to Berlin (+ 12 euro Airport Security Tax + 13 euro Passenger Service Charge + 2 euro Noise Isolation Charge (!) + 9 euro Insurance and Fuel Surcharge = roughly 37 euro)


The main hall at the airport, with yours truly and Alec.


"Hmmm, white wine or red wine?"


Noodles to go, still need to try


Ride near the restaurant. They had a plane too, but that was always occupied.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experience