Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Just for all you daddies out there

Just for your information, this is NOT the official post I am planning to do, just some little inside info, on how to raise kids. I have noticed, that the user's manual on kids isn't that thick and hard to read. For example, earlier this morning, well, actually this afternoon, Alec had to go to bed. He always sleeps from 12 till 3 pm. But he was nagging that he didn't want to go to bed. And started to give hell when I picked him up to bring him to bed. I didn't really know what to do with this situation and told him, that he could draw for 2 more minutes. Meanwhile it was already 12:10. So he started to draw again, happily that he had "won". After 2 minutes, (3 actually), I said:"OK, bedtime for little boys". And surprise, no hell raising, no screaming, just a quiet little rascal getting ready to go to bed. The trick is however NOT to give in too much, just bend a little.
Good luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice trick!
I don’t say it often. But you raise Alec well.:-)