Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What's with these job agencies?

It's 1:45 am, and I am suppose to be in bed right now. Well, actually I was, but just one thing that was just bugging me a bit. Besides a nasty cough I've been having for the last few days already, that isn't getting worse, but isn't getting better either.
Anyway, what's with these job agencies nowadays? The other day I was walking in Hoofddorp, a town nearby with a lot of job agencies focussed on Schiphol Airport, and I saw a note in a window: "several openings on export at forwarding agents" or words like that. So, I thought, if they have SEVERAL, then at least there migth be one for me too. So, dropped in and agreed to send my resume by e-mail (which I did the moment I came home). I called the next day, well, actually the next Monday, since this was on Friday, to see if my resume has received in good order. Then I waited, and waited.....This was about 2 weeks ago. So today, I called since I haven't heard from them. "No sorry, we don't have anything for you at the moment."....And what happened to those SEVERAL job openings? "They are all taken already, yeah, they went so fast!".....
Would it be, that if I had called earlier, that I might have gotten a chance? I have the idea, that it wouldn't have mattered. I mean, if they have something they could have called me, right?

Another funny thing...I already mentioned in one of my posts earlier, that I don't like to work in shifts,...I just don't see the necessity of it. And I did mention it at another job agency.
The other day that agency called:" yeah, we might have a job for you. But it is in shifts from 6:00 am till 2 pm, and from 2 pm till 11 pm"..... HELLO!!!! Didn't you hear me? I DON'T WANT TO WORK IN SHIFTS!! And especially not in crappy shifts like this.
I mean, I may have to adjust my standards in the future, actually I have a little bit already at some of the latter agencies, but not this one yet.
So...what I am wondering,.......WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING THERE!!! Get your thumb out of your ass, and find me the kind of job I asked for. How hard can it be?

No comments: