Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ascension Day



Remember I had said that I would tell you about the things I had done that day, and stuff? Well, I am going to make an exception on that. There are some pictures I want to share with you, and I just have to write some things about it.

Today it was Ascension Day. And all of Holland is either going on vacation, because they also took Friday off, so a long weekend, or they are just going somewhere for the day, like us. Normally the Dutch tradition is the "Furniture Shopping Malls" (Don't know how to say in English) like "Villa Arena" or "Woonmall Alexandrium". Don't ask me why, it's just is :).

Anyway, not us. We went to an amusement park called "Koningin Julianatoren". And since we thought Alec would go in for free, we already had a budget to spend, and calculated everything. BUT....we had to pay for Alec as well. Euro 15,75 per person....ouch.
Well, apart from that minor sat-back, things were just a big blast. The park is relatively small, compared to the more well-known "Efteling" and "WalibiWorld"(formally known as "Six Flags"), but I think it keeps it more visible for a kid of Alec's age.

Well, I won't keep you waiting any longer. Enjoy the pictures:






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I checked out the blog (as a novice to internet I still do not know exactly what this is, but anyway). It is very nice, I read the article about Ascencion Day (SkyDrive Day) and liked the photos a lot, for personal reasons. Will be back frequently to check for updates.