Saturday, April 07, 2007

Thank you for flying Jurgen Airlines

When I was kid, we used to go on vacation to Portugal. The flights to there are usually charterflights, which usually has a certain audience. You know...the kind that applauds when the plane has landed. As kid I used to hate that. Especially since they clapped at the most dangerous period of the flight, the braking part. And this behavior is only seen at charter flights, the regular flights are free from this clapping ceremony. Well....with one exception, and that happens to be also the only exception for me to accept this behavior. On one of our flights to Taiwan we used Eva Airlines. And at the end of the flight, when the airplane was taxiing to the terminal, the stewardesses stood up, took their places in the aisles, and after a speech ("and thank you for bla bla bla") they bowed. For me, that is kinda acceptable, since you are paying respect to the stewardesses (and sometimes cute ones too :) ). Please don't ask me what is the difference between the two....I don't know, it's just the feeling I have with it, ok?

Anyway, as kid I used to hate this, and I had hoped to be liberated from this, when flying regluar flights. BUT, now I am experiencing this behavior in a VERY unexpected way. MY OWN SON is showing this behavior.....and not in an airplane.....no, IN OUR OWN CAR!!! Every time I come to a screeking halt on a parking lot, Alec starts to applaud. Is it because he is happy to have survived yet another one of dads driving adventure, or that he admires the way his daddy had parked the car beautifully between the lines (honey, don't say a word !!! :) ), or that he is just pleased with the overall service on board of flight JCR007? Well, it can't really be the last one, since we only have one stewardess, and she isn't always in the car. When she is, however, the service is just great, also for the pilot. Well, whatever it is, I guess I just have to live with it, till he decides that flying Jurgen Airlines isn't so good after all, and he has his own driver's licence. Until then......DEAL WITH IT!!!!

No comments: