Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Blasphemy Challenge Part 2

I have been thinking about my previous post on this subject, and reading it back, and I feel I left out a few important things about this subject. So, sorry I made an extra post, and not adding it as comment.

I feel that a religion should not TELL you how to live, but more be like a guidance when things go rough in life. And I think that in the heart of ANY religion this was the purpose. However, somewhere along the line someone forgot this, and started to use it for their own personal agenda.
Unfortunately this happened to every religion. Well,....considering there has been thousands of years, it was bound to happen somewhere along the line.


A few years ago I was having a hard time, and I was wondering, where can I go? Who can I turn to? And you always hear people turning to a religion or to God if things turn bad. But when I thought about it, I already saw that wasn't something for me. With most religion you will have a priest, rabbi, imam or whatever telling you how to live, and not helping you with the problem on hand.
And I was thinking about those Asian religions, people praying to their ancestors, and spirits. And actually getting answers right away. Unfortunately I couldn't speak Chinese well enough to talk to someone in one of those temples about that, and no-one there speaks English.
Well....I am still working on all this.

At this moment I just feel, that everyone should have the right to choose IF and HOW they believe/worship God, Allah, or whatever. And nobody should tell them how to do it.
There are too much people who let false pretenses guide their lives. Thinking that what some big religious hotshot tells them is best for them, as long as they pray a lot, and live in a certain way.
Don't get me wrong. There must be millions of spiritual leaders trying to do the best for their people. And I don't judge them. They don't know any better. I also don't condemn them. It's just that the institution they stand for that I judge and condemn.

Anyway, I hope that everyone makes the choice, that they think is right for them, and that they don't get carried away by big promises made by people with false pretenses. And don't respond to this "Blasphemy Challenge". Choose, but choose with your mind and heart. Think before you choose, and don't get mixed up in peer pressure.

No comments: