Friday, January 12, 2007

There goes my pension







Alec never stop to amaze me. He somehow is ahead with all technical stuff, and no vcr is safe anymore (right, Steve?). Just recently he has figured out how to put a dvd in the player, and is taking every opportunity to practise this. He puts the disk in the player, presses the "close" button, and presses the "play".
Also the computer has no borders anymore. He just loves the Cbeebies site with all their programs, especially the Teletubbies. And where he at first just pointed at the screen on the things he wanted to have pressed, he now just pushes my hand from the mouse and does it himself. His favorite games on the Teletubbies site are the Magic coloring game and Spot Noonoo. The first one is a game where he needs to brush in a picture, and the second game is where you have to find that vacuum cleaner that is driving around in that house. And if you think that the movements are going clumsy, you got it wrong. It still goes a bit uncontrolled, but he already knows what to do, and where to click.

And now, just when I finally had stopped worrying about my pension, since Alec will become a famous soccer player, he starts to develop an interest in digital cameras. And being a kid, only the newest, smallest, and most expensive one will do, since that one is the most fun to break. So, in this house that means YuMei's cam is the most interesting. Luckily we have managed to keep that one away from his tiny little tentacles.
We had an old one, which we had given him, and away he went, with a big smile only a 2 year old can produce. He has been "photographing" everything and nothing ever since.
Wonder who he got it from. Well, wait.....don't answer, because I know the answer already myself:
While I tend to see camera's as just something you bring along on vacation to shoot that famous sunset, or that cool swimming pool, YuMei is really into checking the latest models, checking out the amount of pixels, and bla bla bla, etc, etc. I think it is something Asian, since all her friends are into the latest gadgets, especially when it comes to digital cameras. Also posing is something special. Well, I will save that for my next update, once I have translated my article about this subject.
I feel I am drifting away here. I was writing about Alec, and his new toy, the digital camera.
For those curious about his pictures, here are some from the master himself:



Well, it looks like I have to start worrying about my pension again, since there isn't much money to be made in the photography business. My only hope is that he might end up working for "Playboy magazine". A man can hope, can he?

No comments: