Thursday, January 04, 2007

Fireworks

A few posts ago I wrote about fireworks, and how we love to light the stuff every year. And lighting it we do, by the millions! Unfortunately, for some people the lighting is more important than cleaning up afterwards. We live in a street which is shaped like a tripod, you know, the one from Neptune. Now, I know from previous years, that in our part of the street, things are usual cleaned up pretty well. Well...apart from the small bits that are hard to clean. Also, I believe this year there hasn't been much lighting done in our part. As I walked to the supermarket, I passed an area in our street where apparently a lot was lit. And there still was a lot of rubbish lying around there. And I am not talking about small pieces, but those big firepots, roman candles etc. And then I am wondering, why is it so difficult to pick it up, and trow it in the trashcan, which usually is about 3 or 4 meters away.
Anyway, what I am wondering is, how did you spend New Years Eve? Did you spend it in the city? Or with family? How do people celebrate it in your area?
I know that in Taipei they celebrate it with a massive amount of fireworks on the Taipei 101 building. Whenever I am talking about fireworks, YuMei is always saying:"that is not fireworks. We have fireworks". Well, as arrogant as this may sound, it isn't meant to be like that at all. If you know here, you'll know she is not like that. This is nothing more then a statement based on true facts. And below you can see why.

More 101 2007 fireworks

No comments: