Sunday, December 31, 2006

How I write my blog

When you visit my blog, you may just read it and laugh (or cry or be bored) and go on with your life, which is a smart thing to do. You may also read it and laugh (or cry or be bored) and think:"Where does he get his inspiration and idea's from?". For the last group I am writing this post today. Well, it doesn't mean that when you are in the first category, you are not allowed to read.
What I try to do here, is not write a blog about every day life, like: "at 12 o'clock I went to the bakery to buy bread, and at 12;15 I went to the butcher's." Some people may like this way of writing or reading, but I want to write something actual interesting, or something that make you think, or simply just to make you laugh.
My ideas do come from every day life. Also my wife brings up quite some ideas. 95% of her ideas are quite useful, but maybe only 50% of those actually make it up here. You see, she can sit behind the computer, and write whatever comes in mind. And that works for her, and, even though I don't read any Chinese, I am sure the result is really good. But for me, whenever I have an idea, I first start to put these ideas into words, then into sentences. Once I have the right sentences in my mind, I put that on here. So, this might mean, that an idea I had, may never make it here, or an idea YuMei had, gets posted 4 days after she gave me that idea. Like yesterday, she gave me an idea to write about our trip to the Great Wall in China, how we went there etc. And I liked that idea, so now I am writing about this subject in my mind. Once I have written it to perfection, with the right amount of humor (or the lack of it), and the right amount of information, and all the other things that are needed to make a post interesting to read.
Also, I have stayed in Taiwan for 4 months to learn Chinese, and I have written some articles about life and my views on Taiwan and life there. I am also planning to post these here, which may be interesting for those living in Taiwan. However, I still need to modify them, since in general they are fun to read, still there are some small things that I am not really happy with.
Anyway, this is how I write this blog. I must say, that it can be a bit confusing sometimes for me, since I sometimes have like 5 or 6 ideas on what to write about. But well, it's a challenge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had forwarded this blog to Steve last week. He had taken a look and said your English is really much better than him. Ha~~ ^_*

For blogging, the way man's and woman's writing is very different. For me, it mainly comes from the hormone! Just joking loh~~

Happy New Year 2007!!!

Dianne